Special Events CoordinatorCompany: Green Bay Botanical Garden
Date Posted: April 5, 2018
Job Title: Special Events Coordinator
Department: Sales and Events
Reports To: Sales & Events Manager
Special Events Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, and executing public events for Green Bay Botanical Garden in a fast paced and dynamic environment. This position will strive to generate revenue through all assigned public events and arranges all aspects of public events.
- Manages all aspects of planning, implementing and physically executing events.
- Manages within expense budgets and develop events that drive stated revenue numbers.
- Arranges all aspects of public events including but not limited to: developing creative details, site mapping, managing event budgets, security, technical arrangements, coordinating vendors and volunteer plan.
- Responsible for creating, updating and managing vendor agreements.
- Works with vendors and suppliers to coordinate their participation in events.
- Updates event content for marketing of assigned events.
- Oversees cash management plans for assigned events and coordinates with accounting.
- Works with all departments to assure highest quality experience for all visitors.
- Works closely with volunteer services to identify volunteer needs and manage all volunteer training for managed events.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, and solution oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members and visitors.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's or Associates Degree and 3 years of event coordination experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or other database programs.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail plus customer services.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple events/priorities at same time.
- Able to work as a team, yet be the lead in handling challenging situations during an event.
- Standing 4 or more hours; some lifting and hauling of materials up to 30 pounds is required.
- Must be flexible in working hours and environment. Working evenings and weekends to assit with events.
- Must have a vehicle.
Interested applicants should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 27, 2018.