Marketing & Communications CoordinatorCompany: Green Bay Botanical Garden
Date Posted: April 5, 2018
In collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Manager, implements marketing and communications efforts in relation to the marketing and communications strategic plan that publicizes and promotes general visitation, membership, special events, visitor services, facility rentals, education, vcolunteer involvement opportunities and the Garden as a horticultural trendsetter state-wide. Brings the Garden's story to life on multiple platforms while engaging its core audience. Works to leverage the Garden's assets for maximum earned and owned media exposure. Executes strategies to incrase "next-generational" marketing and communications techniques to enhance the Garden's relevance.
Key Job Duties:
- Assits in conducting market research, monitoring and analyzing data to develop and implement the annual marketing an communications strategy and plan.
- Executes strategies from the marketing and communications plan in relation to website content management, social media account management and email communication.
- Website and blog; monitors, maintains, writes content, researches, edits, locates or takes photos, tracks and records metrics using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager (or the like) and maintains search engine optimization.
- Email marketing communications: monitors engagement and click rates, maintains, writes content, researches, edits, locates or takes photos, tracks and records metrics using MailChimp and other metric trackers.
- Social media: monitors (commenting, tagging, retweeting, etc.) maintains, writes content, researches, edits and locates or takes photos including knowing and implementing best practices for writing, designing and delivering content given the channel, tracking the performance and recording metrics.
- Works with team to develop pitches to journalists, editors and media based on editorial calendar; maintains accurate and current media lists; creates press releases and media alerts providing information on the Garden's activities; involves local media in our various events and takes advantage of the visual product we have to offer; coordinates media appearances on-site and off-site.
- Assists team with copywriting, editing and proofing collateral including but not limited to the website, blog, social media, solicitation and thank you letters, brochures, rack cards, posters maps, press releases, newsletter articles, videos, etc.
- Works with the team to coordinate, develop content and edit the Gardens quarterly print newsletter.
- Gathers (including working with volunteer and professional photographers), files, edits and distributes visual content such as photos and videos throughout the year for various events and initiatives.
- Manages and tracks all data in relation to earned and owned media, website, email and social media metrics.
- Maintains, monitors, and analyzes Google AdWords Grant account and all campaigns.
- With creative direction maintains accurate event listings, updates mission-based information.
- Participates and coordinate staff to assist in any public engagement events such as trade shows, community activities, etc.
- Assists in staffing Garden events as requested.
- Other duties as requested.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 2 years integrated marketing and communications experience in a non-profit preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and social communications skills with a sincere desire to grow community through plants.
- Experience with blogs, websites and social media channels in a professional setting (knowledge of WordPress and basic HTML coding and troubleshooting a plus).
- Ability to collect digital content including photography and video using digital devises.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and image file preparation for web.
- Basic knowledge of video editing and file handling.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strategic thinker and problem-solving abilities.
- Confident navigating unfamiliar technology.
- Proven computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Tag Manager, WordPress, iMovie or Microsoft MovieMaker; experience with Mac operating system, Adobe Creative Cloud a plus.
- Ability to work in a team setting and manage multiple projects.
- Must be flexible in working hours and environment, as some events are held outdoors, and nights and weekends are required on occasion.
- While the position is generally a desk job, there are occasions when standing up to 8 hours is necessary and some lifting/hauling of materials up to 25 pounds is required.
Interested applications should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 27, 2018.