Regional Director of DevelopmentCompany: Junior Achievement of Wisconsin
Date Posted: February 2, 2018
Title Regional Director of Development
Located in Fox Valley Region (i.e, Appleton, Green Bay)
Reporting Manager President
Status Full time, Salaried
Purpose To identify, inspire and invite individual, corporate, and foundation partners to support Junior Achievement of Wisconsin through financial gifts, grants, and sponsorships. Provide coaching and philanthropy training to regional staff. Actively participate in developing the strategic philanthropy plan for Junior Achievement of Wisconsin.
Primary Responsibilities and Key Performance Indicators
- Board Giving & Impact Gifts: Organize and implement successful donor-centered philanthropy program in areas of responsibility. Responsible for implementing philanthropic strategies that results in support for specific regional and area programming. Works with Area Board members to develop natural partners who are involved with inviting support from others.
- New Community Resources: Helps identify and build relationships with regional companies/ foundations that could benefit multiple JA Areas. When applicable, clarifies, ranks, submits funding proposals to board firms, impact gift donors and community foundations and carrying through on all stated deliverables and reporting.
- Fundraising Growth: Research and manage an ongoing plan to secure new sources of funding from corporate, community and private foundations. Complete proposals and ensure grant fulfillment, as grants are awarded.
- Relationships: Identifies, develops and deepens relationships with existing JA supporters as well as potential givers.
- Coaching and Training: Provide ongoing support and training to Area staff in the area of donor identification, inspiration, invitation, information (i.e., stewardship), and involvement.
- Budget and Administration: Assists in developing a budget for all development activities. Assists with providing development reports as requested for presentations, Board and Committee meetings, etc.
- Department Goals: Assists in the successful completion of organizational stated revenue goals annually by working with other Development staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications required and proven fund raising or sales/marketing experience that includes a track record of success with individual giving and corporate sponsorships.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required as well as ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve outcomes.
Knowledge of Northeast Wisconsin/Fox Valley Region preferred.
Must enjoy people and demonstrate creative ability.
65-70% of work will be done in Northeast Wisconsin/Fox Valley Region, with other 30-35% completed in other areas (exclusive of Southeast Wisconsin)
About Junior Achievement of Wisconsin
Established in 1941, Junior Achievement of Wisconsin is the pre-eminent organization providing economic education programs to primary and secondary level students. JA concentrates on youth, economic and education development. Helping young people realize their dreams and own their economic future. Programs are offered grades kindergarten through 12 and are facilitated by adult volunteers. Junior Achievement of Wisconsin has 12 offices, serving more than 158,000 students annually. For more information visit http://wisconsin.ja.org/
Please direct a resume to: Kari Tylke, HR Director firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 414-577-3869
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
The above position description in not inclusive and is not an implied contract of duties performed. It is a general overview of position responsibilities.