Administrative Support SpecialistCompany: Boys & Girls Club of Greater Green Bay
Date Posted: January 25, 2018
The Boys & Girls Club of Green Bay offers a safe, inviting place to learn and grow – all while having fun. As the Administration Support Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting the Donor Relations, Finance and Human Resource functions of the Executive Management Team, using the highest attention to detail and exercising sound professional judgment and discretion on a daily basis. For more information, visit www.bgcgb.org/contact-us/employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures accurate record keeping and data integrity for the Club’s donor relations database (eTapestry), which includes performing data cleansing as needed.
- Performs analytical reporting and query writing for the donor relations function of the Resource Development team.
- Establishes and ensures database standards, SOPs, and best practices are followed.
- Maintains a high volume of data processing to include personal information, event attendance, in-kind contributions, payments, special gifts, and other types of revenue.
- Performs a wide-range of prospecting and researching activities through the use of third-party databases, web portal tasks, and e-media.
- Generates all gift acknowledgments for the Club.
- Reconciles donor accounts within eTapestry to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Maintains and manages accuracy of multiple direct mail projects and mailing lists.
- Plans for data conversions and upgrades as needed.
- Performs day to day accounting tasks as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Records vendor invoices and processes checks for payment.
- Processes payroll online using Paychex, including verifying time records, importing pay data, and distributing paychecks.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources with job postings, background checks, applicant and new hire scheduling, correspondence and data entry, new hire orientation, and personnel file maintenance.
- Performs general clerical duties for the Chief Financial Officer and Director of Human Resources to include, but not limited to: photocopying, scanning, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associate’s degree and minimum two years of experience in either CRM or donor database management, payroll processing and/or HR Assistant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.) with the ability to learn new technologies and systems. Strong knowledge of Excel recommended.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy in complex data environment.
- Must be able to work independently, have great interpersonal skills, and communicate effectively in addition to being an analytical person with a good sense of judgment.
- Must be able to maintain complete discretion regarding confidential information
- Must be able to meet established schedules/deadlines as part of normal routine; accepting a variety of daily activities while maintaining high-performance requirements. Efficient Project Management.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and meet established deadlines.
- An enthusiastic, professional demeanor and positive, can-do attitude with a desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Human Resources or Business Administration
- QuickBooks working knowledge and experience
- Entry level Human Resources experience
- Payroll processing experience using Paychex system