Membership & Volunteer CoordinatorCompany: Green Bay Botanical Garden
Date Posted: April 26, 2018
The Membership and Volunteer Coordinator is an integral part of the Garden’s team and is responsible for the coordination and oversight of all aspects of the Garden’s membership and volunteer programs. This dynamic position requires strong organizational and communication skills, ability to multi-task and utilizes creativity, leadership and teamwork to execute member benefits and events involving a membership constituency of 3,000+ member households. Ability to actively recruit new members via Garden events, direct mailings, and personal contact. Develop positive relationships for member and volunteer retention. This position promotes and enhances the Garden’s existing strong volunteer program by recruiting, retaining and recognizing volunteers for all Garden events and programming needs. Building positive and lasting relationships with members and volunteers is a key component of the position.
Duties -- Membership
- Design and administer membership programs to include membership recruitment campaigns
- Work within Altru database to keep current with member activities.
- Guide Part-time Development Assistant during renewal process and data entry.
- Review, develop and implement all membership benefits.
- Develop and implement the Corporate Partner Membership program.
- As needed, prepare lapsed member report to review and discuss with GBBG staff, board members and membership committee.
- Plan and implement Annual Meeting, Garden Party, With the Experts and members-only events including Private Garden Tour, Members Only Tours and others as identified.
- Respond to member and volunteer concerns.
- Forecast revenue and analyze membership data.
- Identify and serve members’ needs for maximum retention.
- Keeps membership and volunteer printed materials current.
- Act as lead staff support for Membership Committee’s quarterly meetings. Prepare minutes and reports supporting the Committee Chair and reporting to GBBG Board of Directors.
- Participate with the team to carry out staff duties during special and public events to promote membership and volunteers.
- Provides ad hoc reports to senior management on membership and prospects.
- Develop and maintain membership and volunteer budgets.
- Prepare written communication to members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Duties -- Volunteers
- Manage and Implement volunteer recruitment to include: working with community groups to recruit volunteers, including the schools, Volunteer Center and senior groups, attend volunteer fairs and work with marketing.
- Screen potential volunteers via 1 on 1 meetings.
- Conduct background checks to screen potential volunteers.
- Create and manage volunteer sign-up and schedule through Sign-up.com for recruitment of all Garden event volunteers and other areas needed.
- Plan and implement volunteer activities including Volunteer Appreciation Potluck, Weed and Feed recruitment and meals, and annual Spring Kick-off event.
- Maintain volunteer database in Altru.
- Plan and implement the Volunteer Recognition program and annual benefits, including volunteer recognition and awards nominations.
- Attends training and local network meetings such as BAMVS and State Association –WVCA.
- Prepare written communication to volunteers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with ability to multi-task and be project focused.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a sincere desire to serve the public
- Superior interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Organizational skills, computer skills, including but not limited to database management, MS Office, and general computer knowledge. Knowledge of Altru Data base a plus
- Must be flexible in working hours and environment, as some events are held outdoors, and evening and weekends are required on occasion
- While position is generally a desk job, there are occasions when standing for up to 4 hours is necessary, and some lifting and hauling of materials up to 20 pounds is required
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 18, 2018