Development OfficerCompany: Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin
Date Posted: March 1, 2018
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Development Officer- Northern Region is responsible for identification, research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a portfolio of individual donors and donor prospects in the Northern region with annual giving capacity of $1,000 or greater. This position will also support fundraising for Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin.
Must be committed to the vision and values of Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin.
- Track record/history of meeting aggressive fundraising goals.
- Ability to work independently in a field office while supporting the goals and initiatives of a collaborative fundraising team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor for building relationships, community building and working effectively with donors.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with senior management and volunteers, including the board of directors.
- Timely follow-up, especially with donor interactions.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Requires computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and working knowledge of relational databases.
- Ability and desire to work effectively as part of a team.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, plus a minimum of five-seven years of relevant development or fundraising experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
The position is predominantly sedentary requiring an ability to sit, bend, stand and walk. May require occasional stooping, reaching, stair-climbing and repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard. Rarely requires kneeling, pushing/pulling and repetitive motions of the feet.
Physical demands of the position necessitate hearing, talking and handling. May require lifting up to 30 pounds. Specific vision conditions include close vision reading. Requires the ability to operate a computer, telephone, fax, copy machine and adding machine or calculator.
The telecommuting position is a combination of working with donors and supporters in public or private settings. On occasion, this position will hotel within the headquarters office environment, which involves frequent interruptions. The office noise level is generally low to quiet. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations, however, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform said essential functions.
Long hours and weekend hours may be necessary, including travel. Must have own transportation, a valid driver’s license and auto insurance in accordance with agency liability standards is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and develop strong and engaged relationships with current Northern region mid-level and major donors and develop new relationships through cultivation and prospecting opportunities via one-on-one visits, small group settings and other meaningful contacts.
- Work closely and strategically with CEO, senior staff, board members and volunteers to engage them in key processes: mid-level and major donor identification, research, cultivation, stewardship and solicitation, as appropriate. Manage all of these processes.
- Sustain and expand financial contributions from donors and prospects.
- Develop and implement a strategy for cultivation of mid-level and major donors and prospects.
- As part of the above strategy, develop and implement a year-round communications plan for ongoing face-to-face, phone and email contact with key donors, prospects and volunteers.
- Represent PPWI at key community events, using these opportunities as public relations, cultivation and/or prospecting opportunities.
- Manage volunteer efforts as needed, serving as liaison and resource/support.
- Work closely with other development staff to coordinate and integrate mid-level and major gifts work with the annual campaign, capital campaign, planned giving and grant-seeking efforts.
- Support special events, including the annual Be Visible events.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties as assigned.
Please apply online at www.ppwi.org