Development DirectorCompany: The Progressive
Date Posted: February 14, 2018
The Progressive magazine is seeking an industrious Development Director to join our business team in publishing a nationally-read print and online magazine. Experience in non-profit media preferred, and 3+ years of experience in non-profit fundraising required.
The Development Director works under the supervision of the Publisher. This is a full-time, union position based in Madison, Wisconsin. Salary range $45,000-50,000. Compensation package includes fully-covered health insurance, plus a generous vacation and 401K plan.
The Development Director is responsible for all fundraising at The Progressive, Inc. (a 501c3 non-profit) including:
- Crafting and managing a major gifts program including all prospecting, donor research, meetings and strategy. This includes coordinating with the Editor-in-chief, Publisher, and Executive Board in major donor cultivation.
- Overseeing all membership fundraising and continuing to grow a monthly donor “Sustaining Membership” program. Writing and project-managing all donation mailings throughout year including an Annual Campaign.
- Collaborating with editorial staff and other business staff on grant-funded projects. Researching funders, overseeing applications, follow-up, and reporting for all existing and new grant funding.
- Planning and execution of all fundraising events - large and small.
- Managing donor database. Creating and reconciling all development reports for Board and staff on a regular basis.
To apply, please email a cover letter, list of references, and resumé as a single PDF document titled ‘last name, first name - development_2018’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Wednesday, February 28th to assure consideration.
The Progressive, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.