Director of DevelopmentCompany: Birch Creek Music Performance Center
Date Posted: October 9, 2017
Birch Creek Music Performance Center, located in Egg Harbor, WI, Door County, is a premiere summer music academy for promising young musicians ages 13-19. With a 43 year history and performances in a 100+ year old barn, its mission is to provide intensive, performance-based music instruction in a professional, mentoring environment. Birch Creek faculty are professional musicians; many from the most prestigious music schools in the country. Annually, 190+ students attend from 15 states, mostly from the Midwest. With year-round performance and educational facilities, Birch Creek is expanding its array of year-round programming.
The individual in this position will be responsible for the development, management, implementation, and evaluation of an overall fund-raising program consistent with the organization's mission, immediate needs and long term goals. To that end, this individual will work with the Executive Director, Finance and Development Committees, Board, staff and volunteers in planning and executing all annual, sponsorship, capital, endowment, and planned giving programs, as well as overseeing fund-raising events and benefits. The person in this position will assist the Grants Manager in research and preparation of grant proposals and reports. This person will oversee an annual, year-round development program that demonstrates the highest standards of professionalism and ethical conduct.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in business, arts management, public administration or non-profit management from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- At least 5 years of campaign/fundraising/development experience in a non-profit, arts or higher education setting.
- Proven record of fundraising success
- Experience in a capital campaign
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; excellent oral communication and comfort with public speaking
- Excellent written communication, research and organizational skills
- Ability to develop and manage budgets and prepare financial reports
- Computer literacy with experience in development databases
- Interest, enthusiasm, and affinity for fundraising and working with people
- Self-motivated, works well under pressure, ability to handle several projects at one time, good judgment
Salary commensurate with experience. Please send a letter of application, three letters of reference and salary history to:
Mona Christensen, Executive Director Birch Creek Music Performance Center
PO Box 230
Egg Harbor, WI 54209